Monday, December 11, 2006

Winslets Against Anorexics



Kate Winslet, who has long spoken out about society's obsession with appearance, has slammed the increase in "size zero" models and stars.

Winslet, a mother of two, said she found the tendency "unbelievably disturbing".

"It's so disturbing because young girls are impressionable from 11 up to 19 or 20 even. Women are very impressionable at those ages,".

"They're trying to figure out who they are and they want to be loved, and what I resent is that there is an image of perfection that is getting thinner and thinner and it's truly upsetting to me."

Winslet, who has previously criticised the airbrushing of magazine images to make celebrities seem thinner, added she admired Meryl Streep and Emma Thompson because "their faces move".

The actress recently also revealed that she didn’t work out, hire a personal trainer or consult a nutritionist before filming the nude scenes in her upcoming film 'Little Children'.

"I don't have a six pack, I'm not free of stretchmarks, I don't have perfectly pert breasts — and neither does my character Sarah."



Amen. I still have not seen "Titanic", though.


More.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi..bom, não sei inglês, e seu blog é todo feito assim..rs..mas passei por aqui para agradecê-lo sua presença e seu comentário la no meu blog.Beijos com carinho!


Sports News: CBSSports.com