Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life Lessons from Kids



Top 10 Life Lessons I’ve Learned From My Daughter (So Far)

Children bring a great amount of wisdom with them when they join us here in this world. I have known this for many years and have always loved being around children. But it was not until I became a father, a bit more than four years ago, that I discovered just how wise these little beings really are.

From the moment of my daughter’s birth (and even before that) fatherhood has been a truly transformative experience. It’s rare that a day goes by without learning something about life from my Ella. And in many ways I really do see her as one of my most effective teachers.

So I thought it would be fun to share some of the personal growth lessons I have learned... Every one of these lessons has had a significant impact on my life.

1. Tomorrow’s Gonna Be a New Day.
2. Sometimes it’s Better to Make Up Your Own Rules
3. Don’t Be Afraid to Show Your Enthusiasm.
4. Feel your emotions fully.
5. Walk On Walls Whenever Your Have The Chance
6. Sometimes you have to do it alone (even if there’s someone right there who could
7. Know When to Ask For Help.
8. Don’t be attached to what you painted yesterday (or 2-seconds ago).
9. Singing Makes Everything Better.
10. Dance like no one’s watching (even when you’ve made sure that everyone is!)

Cool full article here.

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

I went & read the entire post you had on the other website and I must admit I was smiling the whole time. I don’t have any kids of my own yet but I’m trying to open up my own daycare because I just enjoy being around kids. And everything you said was so true. It’s crazy how smart kids are and how much they actually know and how quick they pick up on things. And it’s like you said, you’ll encourage them continuously then one day, they’re the one encouraging you to keep pushing and hold your head up. But I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your post and I thought it was great. I was having a really bad day yesterday and it kinda carried over to today but reading that helped a little. So, thanks!


Sports News: CBSSports.com