Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Obama Apologizes for Blocking Shot at Girl



U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. (...), in a phone call to reporter Nicklaus Lovelady of the Daily Herald that aired on National Public Radio's "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me" program, apologized to the reporter for saying he had a "baby face" at a news conference in southern Illinois two years ago, the Chicago Tribune reported Tuesday.

Lovelady wrote earlier this month that Obama's comment prevented him from impressing a woman he was speaking to.

"Thanks to everyone's favorite new senator, I lost big time,(...) Obama owes me a public apology for making me look like a court jester and for blocking my shot."

"I'm calling to publicly apologize for messing up your game," the senator told Lovelady. "I read that. I felt terrible. I didn't know there were any ladies around. I just wanted to let you know that I'm deeply sorry. But if she was that superficial, she wasn't worth it."
More.


Hilarious, I heard the call on NPR, although one can tell Obama was sincere he definetly knows how to take himself not too seriously, which is great.

No comments:


Sports News: CBSSports.com